A Stockton suspected serial killer whom the police had been looking for has been arrested in Northern Carolina.
According to the authorities, they got a hold of him while he was looking for his next victim as he had already killed six in a year.
43-year-old Wesley Brownlee was arrested Saturday morning in Stockton where Police Chief Stanley McFadden says he appeared to be scoping out a new person to kill.
Stockton PD was surveilling him and stopped Brownlee after he left his house in a car around 2 AM. Upon a search, they say they found him armed with a gun and a mask around his neck.
Chief McFadden says there’s no doubt in their minds he was “out hunting” and that they stopped another killing.
The suspected killer, Brownlee was booked for homicide — although it’s unclear if all of the murders are being pinned on him right off the bat.
Six men have been killed, execution style dating back to April 2021 — all of whom were ambushed, shot, and killed.
Five took place in the Stockton area up through September, and the final one happened in Oakland more than a year ago.
A seventh victim, a woman, was also shot in Stockton last year, but survived. A good handful of the victims are said to be homeless.
No motive for the killings has been confirmed yet, as none of the victims were beaten or robbed, simply shot and killed.
Eventually, police declared they had evidence linking the murders and announced a manhunt to find the killer offering up as high as a $125k reward for help from the public.
The cops say they nabbed Brownlee working on tips and their own police investigation, and they believe they have their man.
Chief McFadden says the case is going to be sent to the D.A.’s office for further consideration of charges. Brownlee will be arraigned Tuesday.